Student Travel Grant
The IEEE SEC 2016 conference is pleased to announce the availability of the US National Science Foundation (NSF) travel grant for US-based students.
To qualify, a student must be studying in accredited U.S. institution. Student recipients will be reimbursed (based on valid receipt) up to $750 for their expenses (registration, airfare, and hotel) after the conference. Only airfare on a US-based carrier will be reimbursed by this type of support!
The preference will be given to students who have registered the conference by Aug. 20, 2016. All recipients of the student travel grants are required to register the conference by the awardee acceptance deadline, Aug. 31, 2016, at a Full Registration rate or a Student Registration rate. The final award is contingent upon the recipient showing a proof of registration, by emailing the receipt of registration to the student travel grant chairs.
An application for a student travel grant will consist of:
1. A request letter from the student (see below).
2. The student's vitae.
3. A supporting letter from the student's advisor.
4. An estimate of the following costs of attending SEC: airfare, hotel, and conference registration. It is anticipated that travel grants will partially cover these overall costs. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The letter from the student should be at most one page, and include the following information:
1. When applicable, the title of the paper/poster/demo that has been accepted for the current edition of SEC.
2. A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date.
3. A description of areas reflected in the program of the current SEC edition that would impact the student's research, and a statement about why the conference attendance is important to the student.
The advisor's recommendation letter for the student should include:
1. Confirmation that student is a bona fide full-time student in good academic standing at the given institution.
2. Ways this particular student would benefit from attendance at the conference.
3. The strengths and potential contributions of the student.
4. Commitment to covering any expenses that are not covered by the travel grant.
Applicants should submit the application including the above mentioned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline Aug. 20, 2016 at 23:59 EST
Notification Deadline Aug. 25, 2016
Awardee Acceptance Deadline Aug. 31, 2016