IEEE International Workshop on Web X.0
Co-located with IEEE 2007 Services Congress (http://conferences.computer.org/services/2007) July 13, 2007, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Sponsored by IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Services Computing (http://tab.computer.org/tcsc) The Web 2.0
phenomena have become very popular and attractive in recent years.
Accompanying Web 2.0 phenomena there’re both technology
challenges as well as business challenges. The 2007 IEEE International
Workshop on Web X.0 intends to provide a platform for sharing
experience and discussing technology, architecture, solutions, and
business perspectives of this new trend.
2007 is co-located with the 2007 IEEE Service
Congress showing our view that it is a natural evolution of Web
Services/SOA in a broadened sense.
The following topics concerning Web X.0 are of interest, but not limited to:
* Web 2.0 User Experience - e.g., AJAX, Really Simple Syndication (RSS), ATOM - Ruby on Rail, Php for Web X.0, etc. - Application mash-up over Web 2.0
* Web 2.0 applications - Web 2.0 in mobile communications (e.g., 3G) - Web 2.0 for knowledge sharing - Web 2.0 desktop applications - Web 2.0 based Podcast and Videocast solutions
* Open source and open community for Web X.0
* Virtual and visual business (V-business) in 3D-Web X.0 - E.g., the Second Life phenomena
* Integration of Web 2.0 and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Authors should submit a Word or PDF files using the online submission and review system (http://www.servicesscience.org/scw07/SubmitAbstract.php). Please select “IEEE International Workshop on Web X.0” as the Topic in the submission system. The accepted papers will be published in the proceedings of the Services Computing Workshops (SCW 2007) by the IEEE Computer Socity Press and will be made available online through the IEEE Digital Library.
The best papers
from the workshop will be selected for journal length extension and
their publication in a special issue of the International Journal of
Web Services Research (http://www.servicescomputing.org/jwsr), which has been included in Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-E) since the first issue of 2006.
Paper Submission Due Date: April 1, 2007 Decision Notification (Electronic): April 15, 2007 Camera-Ready Copy Due Date & Pre-registration Due: May 1, 2007
Workshop Co-chairs: Liang-Jie Zhang, IBM TJ Watson Research Center, USA Hong Cai, IBM China Research Lab, China Thomas Kwok, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA
CONTACT If you have any questions on this workshop, please feel free to send email to Thomas Kwok at kwok AT us.ibm.com.