27 August 2023
20 September 2023
6 October 2023
6 October 2023
News and Updates
|20 September 2023||
The conference venue information is available.
The registration system is available.
The IEEE author paper submission site is available.
The notifications have been sent. If authors have not received it, please contact email@example.com
|27 August 2023||The submission link for the "Submit Abstracts/Papers" button was set incorrectly to the IEEE CPS system for ICEBE 2022. If you have submitted your paper to the incorrect system, please re-submit your paper to https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=icebe23. Sorry for the mistake and any inconvenience caused.|
|20 August 2023||Due to multiple requests, the abstract/paper submission deadline is extended to 27 August 2023.|
|7 August 2023||Prof. Jie Lu and Prof. Jie Xu are the keynote speakers of ICEBE 2023. Please refer to the program page.|
|28 June 2023||The SOCA journal achieved a notable Impact Factor (IF) in the recently released annual report: Total Cites are 325, Journal Impact Factor 2022 is 1.3, and 5-Year Impact Factor 2022 is 1.8. Welcome to submit your ICEBE 2023 papers to the SOCA SI.|
|22 June 2023||The paper submission link on EasyChair is available.|
|1 March 2023||Special Issues (SOCA and FGCS) are announced.|
|18 December 2022||ICEBE 2023 website is online.|
Call for Papers
The IEEE International Conference on e-Business Engineering (ICEBE) is a prestigious conference, and a flagship event co-sponsored by IEEE Technical Committee on Business Informatics and Systems (TCBIS, formerly known as TC on Electronic Commerce), and the National Engineering Laboratory for E-Commerce Technologies (NELECT). Since 2003, ICEBE has been provided as a high-quality international forum for researchers, engineers and business specialists to exchange the cutting-edge ideas, findings and experiences of e-business.
New IT breakthrough always brings the evolution of e-business in wide spectrum, e.g. innovative business model, new marketing and sales channel, rapid sense-and-response, etc. How to adapt the changing computing paradigm and adopt new IT technologies for keeping competitive is a great challenge for modern enterprises. Based on the essential complexities in e-business, ICEBE 2023 invites an extensive coverage of system, software, service, business, combinations of the aforementioned, etc. to address related issues and promote research opportunities.
All of the accepted and presented papers in the conference will be included in the conference proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society. The proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library and will also be submitted to EI and INSPEC for indexing. The best quality papers presented in the conference will be selected for journal special issues by creating an extended version.
We invite submissions of high quality papers describing fully developed results or on-going foundational and applied work on the various tracks.
Paper Formats (For Authors)
IEEE ICEBE 2023 uses IEEE manuscript templates for conference proceedings.IEEE Templates
Full papers must not exceed 8 pages, using IEEE two-column template. All papers should be in Adobe portable document format (PDF) format. Authors should submit their paper via electronic submission system. All papers selected for this conference are peer-reviewed. Submissions must not be published or submitted for another conference.
Technical Tracks (Chairs and Committees)
- Agent-mediated e-commerce systems
- Agent-based artificial markets
- Trading, negotiation, auction and mechanism design
- Collective decision making and coordination for e-Business
- Trust and reputation in online agent systems
- Personal agents and recommender systems
- Agent based web mining, text mining and information retrieval
- Agent or actor oriented analysis in social networks
- Data and knowledge engineering for e-business
- Workflow and business process tools and management for e-business
- Semantic Web, Web 2.0, and business intelligence
- Stream processing, complex event processing and continuous queries
- E-business marketing, data mining, and relationship management
- Machine learning, cybernetics, and agents for e-business services management
- Knowledge management and e-learning
- Big data and super computing
- Big data analytics for e-business
- Super computing and simulation of e-business
- Applications of super computing
Internet of Things
- Legal perspectives in IoT-based business service
- IoS (Internet of Services) plus IoT
- New business models and value map
- Auto-organization on context, exchange or supply chain
- Architectures and platforms of IoT applications
- Machine learning and Evolutionary Computing for IoT applications
- Edging/Cloud Computing for Smart IoT
- Smart manufacturing and Industrial IoT
- Smart cities and internet of vehicles
- Control and decision making for smart IoT
- Security and privacy for smart IoT
Mobile and Autonomous Computing
- Mobile and pervasive methods, applications and integrated solutions
- Sensor systems and RFID applications
- Ubiquitous content access
- Context awareness and smart environments
- Resource discovery of mobile services
- 3G technology and services for e-business
- Social networks and social behavior modeling in mobile commerce
Security, Privacy, and Blockchain
- Security, privacy and trust methods and solutions for enabling e-business
- Open source technologies and components for e-business
- Open source version management
- Authentication in e-business
- Blockchain security models
- Blockchain architectures for efficient processing
Service-Oriented and Cloud
- Service process modeling
- Service quality assurance
- Service design methodology
- Service composition, optimisation
- Service QoS optimisation
- Service security
- Service requirement collection, specification, and analysis
- Data- and computation-intensive services
- XaaS (X as a service including Iaas, PaaS, SaaS)
- Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, Application as a Service
- Extreme scalability, high availability, elasticity, and reliability in a cloud
- Multi-tenancy, security and privacy in clouds
- Programming models and transaction models for the cloud
- Cloud business support services and operational support
- Design methods, tools and science for e-business
- Models, platforms and applications for e-businessT
- Components, services and solutions for e-business
- Aspects of green business and green commerce
- Cloud and mobile software engineering
- Service-oriented software engineering
Ecommerce Trading Technologies
- Online credit and reputation evaluation
- Electronic contract
- Electronic invoice
- Internet Finance/Manufacturing/Farm
- Ecommerce services and infrastructure
- Monitoring and supporting services for Ecommerce
- Ecommerce laws and standards
- Applications of blockchain
Diversity, Accessibility, Inclusivity
- Diversity: Technology Acceptance, Technology Adoption, Technology Discrimination
- Inclusivity: Design for All, Inclusive by Design, Universal Design, Inclusive E-Business
- Accessibility: Assistive Technology, Accessible Design, User Experience (UX), Web and E-Business Accessibility
- Human Centred Design for E-Business: Design solutions, Heuristics, Participatory design, Privacy and security
- Application Areas: Mobile Commerce, Ambient Assisted Living, Smart Systems, Telehealth
- Industrial Case Studies: Education, Health, Manufacturing
Industry Track: Deliver the Intelligent Enterprise
- Analytics with Big Data
- Enterprise usage with Machine Learning
- Industry 4.0 and Smart Manufacturing
- Internet of Things
- Trusted and traceable network with Blockchain
Special Session: Digital Games as Socio-Technical Systems
- Games as e-business and games as a service
- Games for education/vocational training/medical therapy
- Games for entertainment
- Games as internet of things
- Games as audio-visual systems
- Game balancing
- Game development as a creative process
Special Track: UASACT-Intelligent Systems
- Autonomous Flight and Navigation
- Mission Execution and Collaboration
- Remote Operation and Monitoring
- Drone Ethics and Legal Considerations
- Environmental Protection and Ecological Impact
- Education and Outreach
- Security and Defense
- Drone Design and Optimization
- Artificial Intelligence Medical
Organising Committee (Chairs and Programme Committees)
Inventec Corporation (Taiwan)
Farookh Khadeer Hussain
University of Technology Sydney (Australia)
Bournemouth University (UK)
Fudan University (China)
Xi'An Jiaotong University (China)
Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China)
University of New South Wales (Australia)
South China University of Technology (China)
National Taiwan Ocean University (Taiwan)
Paper authors SHOULD register before or on October 6, 2023. Early bird rate for general participant is applicable for registration before or on October 6, 2023.
(The actual fee may be slightly different from the list below due to exchange rate)
|Author Registration||Type||Before or on October 6, 2023|
|IEEE Member||AUD$770 including GST|
|Non-IEEE Member||AUD$924 including GST|
|One Extra Page||AUD$165 including GST|
|Two Extra Pages||AUD$330 including GST|
|Participant Registration||Type||Advanced (before or on October 6, 2023)||Regular (after October 6, 2023)|
|IEEE Member||AUD$770 including GST||TBD|
|Non-IEEE Member||AUD$924 including GST||TBD|
General Registration Guidelines
- Author must complete the registration by October 6, 2023. Otherwise, the author's paper will NOT be included in the conference proceedings.
- General participants must complete the registration by October 6, 2023, in order to qualify for the early registration rate.
- Accepted papers must have at least one author registration. There is no student rate for author registration.
- Author registering for N papers needs to pay N x registration fees.
- For ICEBE 2023, the length of a long paper should not exceed 8 pages (IEEE format), and the length of a normal paper should not exceed 6 pages (IEEE format).
- Extra pages are charged AUD$165 per page (including GST). A maximum of two extra pages is allowed for each paper.
- Conference registration includes admission to the conference, proceedings, coffee breaks, lunches, and banquet.
- The conference has 2 special issues to include the extended quality submissions. Your paper will not be considered or recommended for the SIs if it were not presented in the conference.
- The conference will take place at the Kensington campus of UNSW Sydney.
- To qualify for the discounted IEEE member rate, you must be a member of IEEE or the IEEE Computer Society. Please include your membership number(s) in the registration form.
- Non-IEEE members can save immediately by applying online now for IEEE membership or IEEE Computer Society membership.
- Questions about the registration form or the registration process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include "ICEBE 2023 registration" in the subject line.
Cancellations and Substitutions
- Cancellations and substitutions are allowed. However, full registration fees will be charged unless a cancellation notice is sent in writing, and received on or before October 6, 2023 to the email@example.com. All the registrations for published papers in the Proceedings of IEEE ICEBE 2023 cannot be cancelled.
The conference location is John Niland Scientia Building (G19) of the Kensington Campus of UNSW Sydney. UNSW Sydney’s main campus is in Kensington. It is a busy, thriving community of 60,000 students and 6,000 staff, the size of a small town. This campus is located in Sydney's eastern suburbs, just 12km from the Sydney CBD.
IEEE Computer Society Open Conference Statement
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are central to the goals of the IEEE Computer Society and all of its conferences. Equity at its heart is about removing barriers, biases, and obstacles that impede equal access and opportunity to succeed. Diversity is fundamentally about valuing human differences and recognizing diverse talents. Inclusion is the active engagement of Diversity and Equity.
A goal of the IEEE Computer Society is to foster an environment in which all individuals are entitled to participate in any IEEE Computer Society activity free of discrimination. For this reason, the IEEE Computer Society is firmly committed to team compositions in all sponsored activities, including but not limited to, technical committees, steering committees, conference organizations, standards committees, and ad hoc committees that display Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
IEEE Computer Society meetings, conferences and workshops must provide a welcoming, open and safe environment, that embraces the value of every person, regardless of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, or disability. All individuals are entitled to participate in any IEEE Computer Society activity free of discrimination, including harassment based on any of the above factors.
IEEE Event Conduct and Safety Statement
IEEE believes that science, technology, and engineering are fundamental human activities, for which openness, international collaboration, and the free flow of talent and ideas are essential. Its meetings, conferences, and other events seek to enable engaging, thought provoking conversations that support IEEE’s core mission of advancing technology for humanity. Accordingly, IEEE is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment to all participants, including staff and vendors, at IEEE-related events.
IEEE has no tolerance for discrimination, harassment, or bullying in any form at IEEE-related events. All participants have the right to pursue shared interests without harassment or discrimination in an environment that supports diversity and inclusion. Participants are expected to adhere to these principles and respect the rights of others.
IEEE seeks to provide a secure environment at its events. Participants should report any behavior inconsistent with the principles outlined here, to on site staff, security or venue personnel, or to firstname.lastname@example.org