The 2nd International Workshop on Cloud Services (IWCS'10)|
- Platform Accelerating e-Business
(November 10-12, 2010, Shanghai, China, in conjunction with ICEBE 2010)
Cloud computing is an emerging dynamic scalable model of IT for web-delivered services.
It is increasingly applied to smartly interconnect people, processes, applications,
things, information and businesses to generate economic or social value with high quality
of experience and low cost. The cloud platform and services promise to fundamentally alter
how we think of, procure and use IT to accelerate e-business where end-users only
need a web browser and do not have to develop, install or maintain software or hardware and
pay flexibly for the business services they want to consume.
The globalization of economies and businesses, the emerging of cloud platforms and
business services, the billions of mobile devices accessing the Internet, the
real-time data streams and information sharing, and the rise of social networking
and computing are all propelling a combinatorial innovation in cloud services
accelerating e-business. Yet the economic and technical fundamentals of cloud services
remain to be explored especially in the context of e-business.
- What are the business models for cloud services?
- What business process is suitable moving onto Cloud?
- How to promote Cloud services on the Web?
- How to better understand customer behaviors and serve them on the Cloud?
- How to manage the Cloud service lifecycle from subscription, onboarding to configurations?
This workshop on cloud services aims to bring researchers and industry practitioners
together to exchange experience, insights and state-of-the-art research in addressing
the aforementioned challenges. Topics of interest in the workshop include but not limited to:
- E-Business Cloud service offerings, architecture & best practices in
relevant industries or process areas ( Customer Relationship Management,
Supply Chain Management, Sales Force Automation, e-Commerce, etc)
- Business models and economics of e-Business Cloud services
- E-Business Cloud services ecosystem development model & technologies
- E-Business Cloud service development tools & methods
- Cloud platform Business Support Systems & Operation Support Systems
- Cloud platform multi-tenancy enablement, management and optimization
- Analytics to optimize e-Business Cloud service
We solicit original unpublished full papers from both technical and empirical aspects.
Papers should be submitted in IEEE conference paper format and should not exceed 6 pages.
All papers will be evaluated based on relevance, significance, originality, clarity,
and technical merit. Accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings of ICEBE 2010,
which will be published by IEEE Computer Society and made available in the IEEE Digital Library.
All papers are EI-indexed.
Papers must be submitted electronically. Please submit papers through the following URL:
Paper Submission Link: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iwcs2010
- IMPORTANT DATES
- Abstract registration deadline: June 22, 2010
- Paper submission: July 6, 2010
- Notification of acceptance: July 22, 2010
- Camera-ready paper submission: August 5, 2010
- Workshop Chairs
- Dr. Wei Sun,IBM China Research Lab, China
- Wen-Syan Li Ph.D., SAP, China
- Workshop Program Committee
- Prof. Gang Huang, Software Engineering Institute, Peking University
- Prof. Weiping Li, School of Software & Microelectronics, Peking University
- Prof. Junsheng, Wang, Computer Science, Tianjin University
- Haibo Chen, Ph.D., Parallel Processing Institute, Fudan University
- Qingbo Wang, IBM China Research Lab
- Hui Zhang Ph.D., Nec Labs America
- Ralph Mietzner Ph.D., University Stuttgart, Institut of Architektur von Anwendungssystemen (IAAS)
- Wei Tan Ph.D., Computation Institute, University of Chicago
- Hong Cai, Ph.D, IBM China Development Lab
- Maja Vukovic, IBM TJ Watson Research Center
- Leslie Liu, Ph.D, IBM TJ Watson Research Center
If you have any questions on this workshop, please feel free to send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org