Call for Workshop Proposals
Full-day or half-day workshops are intended to bring together researchers,
developers, technology providers, and users for a lively discussion of
issues and an informal exchange of ideas and information. Workshops may
target a specific application area, a specific research area, or a topic of
general interest. We invite individuals or teams interested in organizing
such a workshop to submit proposals. Workshops will be held on March 20 and
21, 2010. Tutorials and the 3DUI Symposium will also be held on these two days.
Workshop proposals should be submitted electronically and should include:
- A title
- A brief topic description (approximately 500 words) including a statement of what the organizers expect participants to submit (such as position papers or preliminary research results),
- A list of invited speakers,
- Whether a panel discussion format will be used,
- The expected benefits of participating in the workshop, and
- The names, contact information and brief biographies (roughly 100 words each) of the workshop organizers.
The proposal should also identify the intended audience, its size, and all technical requirements, including space, audio/visual, computer, and communication needs, etc.
The deadline for workshop submissions is: November 6, 2009
Workshop submissions must be submitted via email to the Workshops Chairs at
For more information, to inquire about a particular workshop topic, or to submit a proposal, please contact the Workshop Chairs:
Jian Chen, Brown University, USA
Luv Kohli, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Ernst Kruijff, Graz University of Technology, Austria