As part of the IEEE International Conferences on Cloud Engineering (IC2E), we solicit proposals for affiliated workshops. We seek proposals for workshops on topics likely to be of interest to the cloud engineering communities. The purpose of these workshops is to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and preliminary results. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Virtualization and isolation technologies
- Software-defined systems (XaaS)
- Quality of Service (e.g., performance, reliability), benchmarking, monitoring, and Service Level Agreements
- Microservices and orchestration/choreography, DevOps
- Internet of Things
- Fog, Edge, and Mobile Cloud Computing
- Big Data management (storage, platforms, analytics, stream processing)
- Middleware for cloud environments
- Cloud applications
- Cloud economics and business models
- Blockchains for and in the cloud
- Security, privacy, trust, and compliance
- Cloud and Machine Learning
- HPC and cloud
- Software Engineering for the cloud
- other related topics
Proposals should not exceed three pages and must include:
- Workshop name and an abstract of no more than 175 words describing the workshop, suitable for the conference web site
- A (draft) Call for Papers. This should include the names, affiliations, and contact details of the workshop chair(s), publicity chair(s), a preliminary list of program committee members (and an indication of whether they accepted the invitation), and workshop URL (if it already exists).
- Workshop format: duration (half or full-day), expected number of presentations, invited talks/panels, demonstrators, etc.
- An indication of expected popularity, timeliness of the topic, other related workshops/conferences, workshop history (if any), etc.
- A short description of your COVID-related plans: are you planning a virtual, an on-site, a mixed workshop?
Proposals must be emailed to email@example.com with the subject "Workshop Proposal".
- Workshop proposals due: January 31, 2021
- Notification of proposal acceptance: February 5, 2021
- Second round workshop proposal due: April 30, 2021
- Notification of second round proposal acceptance: May 7, 2021
- Conference dates: October 2021
(workshops will take place during this period, the exact date is to be determined)
For further information, please contact the Workshop and Tutorials Chairs. You are also welcome to email an initial draft of a workshop idea before preparing the proposal described above. Please be aware that we will expect at least one of the organizers to attend the workshop. If this is problematic for you due to the conference being in San Francisco, CA, USA, please consider looking for a co-organizer from the area.