NSF Student Attendance Scholarship
IEEE CHASE'18 has received NSF funding to support up to 20 graduates and undergraduate students to participant the conference. This scholarship is to recognize students who have a strong academic background and shown research interests in the field of connected health, as demonstrated by coursework and/or project experience. We cordially invite students from US- based institutions to submit their scholarship applications and attend the IEEE CHASE'18 conference.
Eligibility criteria: Funds from this award will in part cover or assist with the attendance expenses for two categories of students:
- Senior undergraduate or junior graduate students who are not yet at the stage to have their own papers at the conference, however, they have demonstrated a strong academic background (GPA > 3.5) and have one strong letter of recommendation.
- Graduate students who have accepted regular/poster/demo papers at the conference with strong reviewer scores and a strong letter of recommendation from their advisor.
Students with accepted papers will have priority to receive the scholarship. Women and members of underrepresented minorities are highly encouraged to apply. Each institution will be awarded up to two such scholarships. Postdoctoral researchers are not eligible to this scholarship.
Amount of Award: from $500 to $1000, depending on the award budget and applicant location.
- a letter from the student,
- the student's curriculum vitae,
- a recommendation letter from the student's advisor, and
- the notification of the accepted paper if applicable.
The letter from the student would indicate why the student believes he or she would benefit from attending the CHASE 2018 conference, briefly summarize research interests and accomplishments to date, describe areas reflected in the CHASE 2018 program that would impact the student's research. The letter from the student's advisor would indicate why the advisor believes the student would benefit from attending the conference, and give the advisor's opinion about the strengths and potential research contributions of the student. The student's advisor must make a commitment in the letter to cover the remaining travel expenses of the student.Important Date:
- Deadline for travel award applications: July 31, 2018
- Notification of award: Aug 10, 2018
- Award acceptance deadline: Aug 15, 2018
- Conference dates: Sept 26-28, 2018
- Please save all the original receipts. You need to mail them later.
- Funds can be applied to transportation and lodging between Sept 25 and Sept 29, 2018.