About Visa Application
Conference participants may need a Chinese visa to enter China. Specifically, those who are not Chinese citizens, except passport holders from Singapore, Brunei, and Japan, need a Chinese visa. Participants can apply for a visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate in the region in which they live. To avoid uncertainty, participants will be advised to apply for a visa as early as possible. It is recommended that they apply for a Chinese visa at least 1 month in advance.
For most attendees, it is easier to apply for a Tourist ("L") visa; an invitation letter is NOT required for obtaining a Tourist visa.
For more information, please contact the local Chinese Embassy in your country.
- The conference invitation letter will be issued after the successful registration. Proof of fully paid registration must be submitted together with the request for an invitation letter.
- Your name and personal information must be listed exactly as it appears on your passport. Any differences between the name on your passport and the name on your invitation letter or other documentation could lead to a delay and/or denial of your visa.
- Please note the organizing committees of the conference are not authorized to assist with the VISA process beyond providing the Notification of Invitation Letter issued by conference Committee Board. Should your application be denied, the organizing committee of the conference cannot change the decision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), nor will the organizing committee of the conference engage in discussion or correspondence with the MOFA or the Embassy on behalf of the applicant. The registration fee cannot be refunded when the VISA application of individual being denied.
- It takes around one month for the Embassy to process the VISA application, please register as early as you can to make sure you have enough time.
- Completed fully paid registration confirmation letter sent by IEEE.
- Complete/Full name as specified on the passport
- Complete affiliation/contact information
- Citizenship/Birthdate as specified on the passport.
IEEE SERVICES Congress 2020 will be held at the Beijing Friendship Hotel. It is located in the central area of Zhong Guan Cun High-tech Garden, Haidian District near well known tourist attractions and cultural sites including the Summer Palace, the Winter Palace and Xiangshan.
Local Transportation directions to Friendship Hotel
|Capital Airport||34||Take the shuttle bus (Capital Airport to Gongzhufen); get off at the Friendship Hotel stop|
|Or: Take the Airport Express to Sanyuanqiao Station, then Subway line 10 to Haidianhuangzhuang Station; transfer to Subway line 4 to Renmin University Station. Please use Exit D.|
|Beijing West Railway Station||8||Take bus 320, 694 or Double-decker bus 6; get off at the stop for Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences|
|Or: Take subway line 9 at National Library station; transfer to line 4; get off at Renmin University station. Please use Exit D.|
|Beijing Railway Station
||18||Take bus 814; get off at the stop of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences|
|Or: Take subway line 2 at Beijing Station; at Xizhimen station transfer to line 4; get off at Renmin University station. Please use Exit D.|
|Beijing South Railway Station||25||Take subway line 4; get off at Renmin University station. Please use Exit D.|
|Beijing North Railway Station||5||Take subway line 4; get off at Renmin University station. Please use Exit D.|
|Tiananmen Square||13||Take subway line 1 at Tiananmen East or Tiananmen West station; transfer to line 4; get off at Renmin University station. Please use Exit D.|